Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Versatile Blogger Award
Annie at The Little GSP was extremely thoughtful and nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I was really excited about this for three reasons. #1, It meant she commented on my blog, which meant that I got an email notification about something other than a sale at Piperlime, Steve Madden, or Nordstrom #2, Being nominated for any type of award is awesome (Grammy, Emmy, Oscar, and Pulitzer nominators, please know I don't discriminate), and #3 it gave me a built-in blog post topic for tonight!
Apparently as a nominee I am to thank my nominator, share 7 things about myself, and then nominate blogs that I enjoy for the award. Part 1 is easy. Thank you, Annie! Annie's blog focuses on her dog Bailey (a friend of Clyde if only Clyde could keep up with her long enough to sniff hello), Bailey's Dockdogs competitions, and also features some truly yummy recipes with photos that will have you drooling immediately. Go check out her blog right this second!
Now onto the 7 things about myself:
1) When I was in elementary school we studied Greek mythology and each person in our class was assigned a Greek God or Goddess to play. Everyone, that is, except for me. I was assigned Medusa, because my teacher said I had the confidence to handle it. Really not sure whether he felt that way or whether he was punishing me for talking too much in class.
2) In 8th grade I participated in an England Exchange program though my middle school. We had students come live with us for a month and then we went and lived with them in England for a month. It was a great experience and two of the girls from the program were bridesmaids in my wedding!
3) Ten years ago in 2002 I came down with Mononucleosis, Lyme Disease, and Strep Throat all at once. I also lost my father, started dating my now husband, and spent 5 months in Italy. It was quite a year.
4) I took tap, ballet, and jazz classes until I was 12. I am still surprisingly ungraceful.
5) I have never been to Chicago or San Francisco, but am dying to visit both.
6) I've been to Maine every summer of my life but one, when I went to LA with two of my sorority sisters instead. We visited about 10 sites from Beverly Hills 90210, which wasn't super-exciting for me because at the time I'd never seen a single episode of the show.
7) I hate coconut. Yuck.
As for the blogs that I would like to nominate:
Peanut Butter Fingers
Healthy Tipping Point
Life of Blyss
Eat, Live, Run
I'm sure that everyone has already heard of and read these blogs, but I love them and think they're fun and inspiring. I'm also happy to take suggestions for other blogs to check out!